Sunday, December 13, 2009

Figueroa Produces Wonder Strike vs. Stoke

I apologize for not updating more over the past two days but final exam week has begun at Michigan State University. I have been sloshing through political science and marketing for what seems like ages.

But let me take a study break to show you one of the most amazing strikes I have ever seen:



Wow.

That's the only word I could utter after watching this goal from Wigan's Maynor Figueroa vs. Stoke City on Saturday.

What really is amazing here is the pace the Honduran struck the ball. We have seen these halfway- type goals before; lobs that carry over the keepers head when he has been caught dozing off by his own 18-yard box.

But Figueroa unleashed a cracker when Stoke's Thomas Sorenson was just a few feet from his six-yard box! His shot had the right amount of power and dip from an almost impossible location.

Click here to view more of the FA Premier League's best-ever goals. I'm sure Figueroa 's will be near the top for years to come.


0 comments:

Post a Comment