Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Eve Roundup

Happy 2010! Let me be the first to wish you a safe and happy new year.

2009 was full of some amazing games and goals in the world of soccer. I was going to do a year review but I haven't had the time. I will try to do one in the next few days!

I'm about to head out of town for the evening, so let me share with you some quick bits that have transpired recently:

-Liverpool defender and England international Glen Johnson suffered a knee injury on Tuesday that will put him out of action for up to four weeks. It's too early to tell if this might become a lingering problem heading into June's World Cup.

-Arsenal defeated Portsmouth 4-1 yesterday, officially making the FA Premier League a three-horse race entering 2010. The Gunners sit in third while Manchester United is in second after beating Wigan 5-0 on Wednesday.

-And finally, the transfer rumor mill is working overtime: the latest reports indicate that Real Madrid want Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery. The Madrid side are reportedly offering in the region of $60 million for the French international.

I hope that everyone has a great night and may 2010 be a great year for all!


0 comments:

Post a Comment