Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Heineken's Soccer Scam

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

So I know that this may not be a new video in internet circles, but it is new to me. If you have ever watched the Champions League, it's almost certain that you have been bombarded by Heineken commercials. This time, the marketing gurus at the beer company ratcheted up their efforts to trick fans of AC Milan.

On October 21st, 2009, AC Milan squared of against Real Madrid in one of the most intriguing match-ups of CL group play. Instead, for more than 1,100 fans of the club, those supporters were coerced by girlfriends, bosses and professors into attending a staged classical music concert put on by Heineken during the same night of the game. The reactions of the people forced to miss the game were documented live on Sky Sports and viewed by about 1.5 million people.

Check out a video of the entire prank below. All I can say is, well done Heineken!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

pete that was great. Those guys were suckers. haha I would never let my gf get in between me or my sports.

That's a big lie I would probably have gone to the concert with my gf.

Peter Kidd said...

Haha same here! I would have gotten updates on my phone though.

Post a Comment